Advent: 2 Days to Go

In this installment of our Christmas adventure, God’s witness testifies to the “Light”...

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
--John 1:29-34 KJV Bible

When John announces Jesus, John describes Him as the Lamb of God. This is a reference to the Passover lamb (Exodus 12:3) and Isaiah’s prophecy of the Messiah (Isaiah 53:7), which are linked to this metaphor.

Those who paid attention to John would have noted that John did not just reference the sins of Israel, but to the sins of the entire world.

Next time, God with us...

-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lamentations 3:22-23 – Even Through the Bad, God is Faithful

The Abomination and the Tribulation

When Will These Things Happen?