Let the Lord Build the House

Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.
--Psalm 127:1-2 KJVB

It is not certain, but King Solomon’s words may have originally been in reference to the Temple in Jerusalem. But in today’s “workaholic” society Solomon’s words seem more relevant than ever. How often have we forged ahead with a project, only to find at the end that everything we did was flawed or less than it could be?

Whether our focus of the moment is family, work, ministry, we need to recognize that God is the true builder and that all we do must be done in an attitude of humble dependence upon Him. We must look to God for our security. What God builds, He also protects and blesses. If we depend on God and humbly seek His will in all that we do, our work is not in vain.

Father, I thank You for Your wisdom and insight. Forgive me for leaving You out of so much that I have done. This moment, I rededicate my life to you. Please be at the core of all that I plan and do. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.

-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lamentations 3:22-23 – Even Through the Bad, God is Faithful

The Abomination and the Tribulation

When Will These Things Happen?