We Are the Clay


God spoke to the prophet Jeremiah. He said, "Go down to the potter's house, and there I will give you my message." 

So, Jeremiah went there and saw the potter working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay became flawed in his hands. So, he formed it into another pot, shaping it as it seemed best to him. 
Then God said to Jeremiah, "Israel, I am like the potter. You are clay in my hand. At any time I can uproot a nation, tear it down and destroy it. But if that nation I warned turns from evil, then I will relent from the disaster I had planned. And If I establish a nation, and it does evil and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I intended for it."

Like Israel and the other nations of the world, our lives are clay in God's hands. God wants to shape us into something He can use. And even if we resist God and we mess up His work, God can start again. And with His love and care, and our willingness, He can make us into something beautiful for His glory.

(See Jeremiah 18:1-10)
-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lamentations 3:22-23 – Even Through the Bad, God is Faithful

God's Provision and Israel's Waywardness

Meditation For Fear and Worry