Family

While Jesus was still speaking to the crowds, His mother and brothers arrived and they stood outside the house, wanting to speak to Him. But they could not reach Him because of the crowds. So, they sent someone in to summon Him. “Look,” Jesus was told, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, asking to speak to You.” 

But Jesus replied, “Who is My mother, and who are My brothers? Who are my family?” Pointing to His disciples, who were seated in a circle around Him, Jesus said, “Here are My mother and My brothers. Here are my family. For whoever hears the will of My Father in heaven and does it, they are My brother and sister and mother; they are my family.” 

(See Matthew 12:46-50; Mark 3:31-35; Luke 8:19-21)

-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lamentations 3:22-23 – Even Through the Bad, God is Faithful

God's Provision and Israel's Waywardness

Meditation For Fear and Worry