Parable of the Persistent Widow

Then Jesus told the people a parable about their need to pray at all times and not lose heart: “In a certain town There was a judge who neither feared God nor respected people. And there was a widow in that town who kept appealing to the judge, saying, ‘Give me justice against my adversary.’

“For a while the judge refused, but later he said to himself, ‘Even though I neither fear God nor respect people, yet because this widow keeps pestering me, I will give her justice. Then she will stop wearing me out with her perpetual requests.’ ”

And Jesus said, “Listen to the words of the unjust judge. Will not God bring about justice for His elect who cry out to Him day and night? Will He continue to defer their help? I tell you, He will promptly carry out justice on their behalf. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on earth?”

See Luke 18:1-8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lamentations 3:22-23 – Even Through the Bad, God is Faithful

God's Provision and Israel's Waywardness

Meditation For Fear and Worry