August 24 — Do Not Fear, for I Am with You
“Do not fear, for I
am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I
will surely help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”
Fear often whispers that
we are alone. It tells us that the challenge before us is too great, that our
strength is too small, and that we must somehow face tomorrow by ourselves. God
answers those fears with one of the most reassuring promises in all of
Scripture. “Do not fear, for I am with you…” Notice that God does not begin by
explaining why we should not be afraid. He begins with His presence. The
greatest answer to fear is not the absence of difficulty. It is the presence of
God. Throughout the Bible, whenever God called someone into an uncertain
future—Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Mary, the disciples—His most frequent promise
was simply this: “I am with you.”
Pause and reflect: What
situation causes me to feel afraid or discouraged today? As you think about
that circumstance, how might it change if you truly believed that God is with
you in the middle of it?
“…do not be dismayed, for I am your God.” To be dismayed is to lose heart—to become discouraged because circumstances seem larger than our ability to face them. God gently reminds His people that their confidence is not found in themselves. It is found in the One who has claimed them as His own. “I am your God.” Those four words carry remarkable comfort. You are not facing life alone. You belong to Him. “I will strengthen you…” God does not promise that we will always feel strong. He promises that He will give us strength. Sometimes that strength comes as courage to take the next step. Sometimes it comes as patience during a long season of waiting. Sometimes it is simply the quiet ability to keep trusting Him one day at a time. “I will surely help you…” Notice the certainty. Not perhaps. Not if circumstances allow. God says, “I will surely help you.” His help may come through Scripture. Through prayer. Through the encouragement of another believer. Through unexpected provision. Or through an inner strength that can only come from His Spirit. “I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” What a beautiful image. Not only does God walk beside us. He holds us up.
When our strength begins to fail, His strength does not.
When our courage
weakens, His hand remains steady. Today, whatever concern may be weighing on
your heart, hear these promises as though God were speaking them directly to
you. "I am with you." "I will strengthen you." "I
will help you." "I will uphold you." You might quietly pray,
"Lord, help me to trust Your presence more than my fears." Then
move into this day with confidence. Not because you know what tomorrow will
bring. But because you know who will be with you when tomorrow arrives. And the
God who upholds you today... Will still be holding you tomorrow.
Heavenly Father,
Thank You for Your promise to be with me wherever I go. When fear and discouragement begin to overwhelm me, remind me that Your presence is greater than anything I face.
Strengthen me when I grow weary. Help me when I feel inadequate. Uphold me with Your mighty hand, and teach me to trust Your promises more than my fears. May I walk through this day with confidence, knowing that You are my God and that You will never leave me.
I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.
—
Isaiah 41:10
“…do not be dismayed, for I am your God.” To be dismayed is to lose heart—to become discouraged because circumstances seem larger than our ability to face them. God gently reminds His people that their confidence is not found in themselves. It is found in the One who has claimed them as His own. “I am your God.” Those four words carry remarkable comfort. You are not facing life alone. You belong to Him. “I will strengthen you…” God does not promise that we will always feel strong. He promises that He will give us strength. Sometimes that strength comes as courage to take the next step. Sometimes it comes as patience during a long season of waiting. Sometimes it is simply the quiet ability to keep trusting Him one day at a time. “I will surely help you…” Notice the certainty. Not perhaps. Not if circumstances allow. God says, “I will surely help you.” His help may come through Scripture. Through prayer. Through the encouragement of another believer. Through unexpected provision. Or through an inner strength that can only come from His Spirit. “I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” What a beautiful image. Not only does God walk beside us. He holds us up.
When our strength begins to fail, His strength does not.
Thank You for Your promise to be with me wherever I go. When fear and discouragement begin to overwhelm me, remind me that Your presence is greater than anything I face.
Strengthen me when I grow weary. Help me when I feel inadequate. Uphold me with Your mighty hand, and teach me to trust Your promises more than my fears. May I walk through this day with confidence, knowing that You are my God and that You will never leave me.
I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.
Comments
Post a Comment