August 6 — A Refuge in Times of Trouble
The LORD is good, a
stronghold in the day of distress; He cares for those who trust in Him.
There are seasons when
life feels steady. And there are seasons when everything seems uncertain. The
Bible never suggests that those who trust God will be free from difficulty.
Instead, it consistently points us to the One who remains faithful in the midst
of it. “The LORD is good…” Nahum begins with God’s character. Before speaking
about protection or strength, he reminds us who God is. His goodness is not
dependent on our circumstances. It does not disappear when life becomes
difficult. God is good because goodness is part of His very nature.
Pause and reflect: When
life becomes difficult, do I begin with my circumstances or with God’s
character? What changes when you first remember who God is before
considering the problem you face? “…a stronghold in the day of distress…” A
stronghold is a place of safety. It is where people ran when danger approached.
It offered protection, stability, and security when everything outside seemed
uncertain. God invites us to find that same refuge in Him. This does not mean
He always removes us immediately from hardship. Often, He strengthens us within
it. He becomes our place of stability while the storm continues around us. “…He
cares for those who trust in Him.” These words are deeply personal. God does
not merely know about those who trust Him. He knows them. He watches over them.
He cares for them. This care is not distant or impersonal. It is the loving
attention of a Father who knows every concern, every burden, and every fear His
children carry.
Today, consider whatever
distress you may be experiencing. Instead of carrying it alone, bring it before
God. You might quietly pray, “Lord, You are my refuge today.” Then allow
yourself to rest in that truth. You may not yet know how every situation will
unfold. But you do know the One who walks with you through it. His goodness has
not changed. His strength has not diminished. His care has not failed. When the
day feels difficult, you do not have to search for safety on your own. Your
refuge is already waiting. And there, in His presence, you will find strength
for whatever today brings.
Loving Father,
Thank You for being my refuge and my stronghold. When life feels uncertain and my heart grows weary, remind me that I can always find safety in Your presence.
Help me to trust in Your goodness even when I cannot understand my circumstances. Strengthen me in times of distress, and reassure me that You know me, love me, and care for me. May I rest confidently in Your faithful care today.
All this I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.
—
Nahum 1:7
Thank You for being my refuge and my stronghold. When life feels uncertain and my heart grows weary, remind me that I can always find safety in Your presence.
Help me to trust in Your goodness even when I cannot understand my circumstances. Strengthen me in times of distress, and reassure me that You know me, love me, and care for me. May I rest confidently in Your faithful care today.
All this I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Comments
Post a Comment