Lamentations 3:11 – Turned Aside and Torn Apart

Lamentations 3:11 - He has turned aside my ways and torn me to pieces; He has made me desolate. (NASB)

The above verse continues the thoughts begun in Lamentations 3:1, in which the speaker expresses his experience of being disciplined by God.

Break it down: Let’s look at the key Hebrew words in the passage and their meanings.

derek - way, road, distance, journey, manner
sur - to turn aside, to depart
pashach - to tear in pieces
sum or sim - to put, to place, to set
shamem - devastated, desolate

Expand and Dig: Let’s use these meanings to expand the passage and dig deeper.

He has turned aside my ways, my journey, my manner. He has torn me in pieces. He has devastated me, He has made me desolate.
 
-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lamentations 3:22-23 – Even Through the Bad, God is Faithful

The Abomination and the Tribulation

Jesus, Again, Predicts His Death