Psalm 119:5 – I So Want to Do This!

Psalm 119:5 - Oh that my ways may be established To keep Your statutes! (NASB)


Break it down: Let’s look at the key Hebrew words in the passage and their meanings.

achalay - Oh, O! would that!
kun - established, to be firm
derek - way, road, distance, journey, manner
shamar - to keep, watch, preserve
choq - statutes, something prescribed or owed

Expand and Dig: Let’s use these meanings to expand the passage and dig deeper.

Oh! If only my way, my road, my journey, my manner would be firmly established to keep, to watch, to preserve Your prescription, Your requirements, Your statutes!

-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lamentations 3:22-23 – Even Through the Bad, God is Faithful

The Abomination and the Tribulation

Jesus, Again, Predicts His Death