Lamentations 3:2 – Driven into Darkness

Lamentations 3:2 - He has driven me and made me walk in darkness and not in light. (NASB)

The above verse continues the thoughts begun in Lamentations 3:1, in which the speaker expresses his experience of being disciplined by God.

Break it down: Let’s look at the key Hebrew words in the passage and their meanings.

eth - untranslatable mark of the accusative case
nahag - acquaint, bring away, carry away, drive away, lead away, forth, be guide, lead away
halak - to go, come, walk
choshek - darkness, obscurity
lo - not, no
or - a light

Expand and Dig: Let’s use these meanings to expand the passage and dig deeper.

He has brought me away, He has carried me away, He has driven me away, and made me to walk in darkness, to walk in obscurity, and not in light.
 
-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lamentations 3:22-23 – Even Through the Bad, God is Faithful

The Abomination and the Tribulation

Jesus, Again, Predicts His Death