Lamentations 3:8 – I Cry, But I'm Shut Out

Lamentations 3:8 - Even when I cry out and call for help, He shuts out my prayer. (NASB)

The above verse continues the thoughts begun in Lamentations 3:1, in which the speaker expresses his experience of being disciplined by God.

Break it down: Let’s look at the key Hebrew words in the passage and their meanings.

gam - also, moreover, yea
ki - that, for, when, because
zaaq - to cry, to cry out, to call
shava - to cry out (for help)
satham - to stop up, to shut up, to keep close
tephillah - prayer

Expand and Dig: Let’s use these meanings to expand the passage and dig deeper.

Yes. When I cry out and when I call for help, He shuts out my prayer.
 
-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lamentations 3:22-23 – Even Through the Bad, God is Faithful

The Abomination and the Tribulation

When Will These Things Happen?