Psalm 119:7 – My Thanks and My Life

Psalm 119:7 - I shall give thanks to You with uprightness of heart, when I learn Your righteous judgments. (NASB)

The above verse continues the thoughts begun in Psalm 119:5, in which the speaker longs for the day when his life is firmly established in, and directed by, God's commands.

Break it down: Let’s look at the key Hebrew words in the passage and their meanings.

yadah - thanks, to throw, cast
yosher - straightness, uprightness
lebab - inner man, mind, will, heart
lamad - to exercise in, to learn, to teach
mishpat - judgment, justice
tsedeq - rightness, righteousness

Expand and Dig: Let’s use these meanings to expand the passage and dig deeper.

I will cast my thanks, I will shower my thanks, on You in the straightness and uprightness of my inner man, my mind, my will, my heart, when I learn, when I practice, and when I teach, the judgments of Your rightness, Your righteousness.
 
-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lamentations 3:22-23 – Even Through the Bad, God is Faithful

The Abomination and the Tribulation

When Will These Things Happen?