Psalm 119:8 – I Will Do It!

Psalm 119:8 - I shall keep Your statutes; do not forsake me utterly! (NASB)

Break it down: Let’s look at the key Hebrew words in the passage and their meanings.

eth - untranslatable mark of the accusative case
choq - something prescribed or owed, statutes
shamar - to keep, to watch, to preserve
al - not (a subjective negative)
azab - leave, self
ad - as far as, even to, up to, until, while
meod - very, muchness, force, abundance
Expand and Dig: Let’s use these meanings to expand the passage and dig deeper.

Your prescriptions, Your requirements, Your statutes, I will watch, I will keep, I will preserve. Please do not leave me completely alone and without You!

-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lamentations 3:22-23 – Even Through the Bad, God is Faithful

The Abomination and the Tribulation

Jesus, Again, Predicts His Death