1 Samuel 16:7 (a Devotional Reflection)

1 Samuel 16:7
But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or height, for I have rejected him; the LORD does not see as man does. For man sees the outward appearance, but the LORD sees the heart.”

Heavenly Father,

I come with a humble heart, seeking Your guidance and wisdom in my life. Your Word reminds me that You do not look at the outward appearance, but You see the heart. Lord, help me to internalize this truth and to live my life according to Your perspective.

Teach me to look beyond the surface and to value the qualities that truly matter—kindness, integrity, love, and faithfulness. May I not judge others by their appearance or status, but by the content of their character, as You do.

Search my heart, O God, and reveal to me any areas that need Your cleansing touch. Help me to cultivate a heart that is pure, humble, and pleasing in Your sight. Strengthen me to seek Your approval above all else and to align my desires with Your will.

Father, I pray for the discernment to recognize Your presence and work in the lives of those around me. May I be an instrument of Your love and grace, showing compassion and understanding to all, just as You have shown to me.

I thank You for Your infinite wisdom and for seeing me as I truly am. Mold me into the person You created me to be, reflecting Your glory in all that I do.

I pray in the name of Jesus, Your Son. Amen.

See James' publications on Amazon.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lamentations 3:22-23 – Even Through the Bad, God is Faithful

God's Provision and Israel's Waywardness

Love in Proverbs (a Bible Meditation)