Ephesians 5:1-2 (a Devotional Reflection)

Ephesians 5:1-2
Be imitators of God, therefore, as beloved children, and walk in love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant sacrificial offering to God.

Heavenly Father, 

You, in Your infinite wisdom and love, have called me to be an imitator of You as a dear child, and to walk in love as Jesus loved me and gave Himself up for me as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to You.

Grant me the grace to follow the example of Your beloved Son, Jesus the Christ, who laid down His life for me, that I may also sacrificially love others with genuine compassion and kindness.

Help me to live a life marked by selflessness, putting the needs of others before my own, and seeking the good of all, just as Jesus gave himself up for me.

May the fragrance of my love rise up to You, a pleasing aroma, bringing glory and honor to Your holy name.

I pray in the name of Jesus, my Lord and Savior, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

See James' publications on Amazon.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lamentations 3:22-23 – Even Through the Bad, God is Faithful

God's Provision and Israel's Waywardness

Love in Proverbs (a Bible Meditation)