August 11 — Commit Your Way to the Lord
Commit your way to
the LORD; trust in Him, and He will do it.
There is a difference
between asking God to bless our plans and placing our plans into His hands. Often
we come to God with a clear picture of how we hope life will unfold. We have
goals, expectations, and carefully considered plans. There is nothing wrong
with planning wisely. Yet David reminds us that there is a deeper invitation. “Commit
your way to the LORD…” The word commit carries the idea of placing a
burden into another's care. It is like rolling a heavy weight from your own
shoulders onto someone who is able to carry it. God invites us to entrust not
only individual decisions, but the entire direction of our lives to Him.
Pause and reflect: What
part of my life am I still trying to control? Is there a situation where
you have prayed for God's help while still holding tightly to the outcome? What
might it look like to place that concern completely into His hands? “…trust in
Him…” Commitment and trust belong together. It is possible to say we trust God
while continuing to carry our burdens as though everything depends upon us.
Genuine trust allows us to work faithfully while releasing the outcome to God. Trust
does not mean becoming passive. We continue to pray. We continue to work
diligently. We continue to act wisely. But we no longer believe that everything
rests upon our own strength or ability. “…and He will do it.” David does not
promise that God will accomplish everything exactly as we have imagined. He
promises that God will act. God is never indifferent to the lives of His
children. He is always working—sometimes by opening doors, sometimes by closing
them, sometimes by changing our circumstances, and sometimes by changing us. His
answer may not always match our expectations.
But it will always reflect His wisdom, His love, and His perfect timing.
Today, choose one
concern that has occupied your thoughts. Hold it before God. Then, in a simple
act of surrender, pray, "Lord, I commit this to You." After
you pray, resist the temptation to pick the burden back up. When worry returns,
quietly return it to God again. This is how trust grows. Not through one great
act of surrender, but through many small acts of placing our lives into the
hands of the One who loves us perfectly. As you continue to do this, you will
discover that surrender is not the loss of control.
It is the discovery that your life has always been safest in God's hands.
Heavenly Father,
Thank You for inviting me to commit my way to You. You know the plans I have made, the concerns I carry, and the outcomes I hope for.
Help me to trust You more deeply. Teach me to release my need to control what only You can hold. Give me wisdom to do my part faithfully, while resting confidently in Your care. Guide my steps according to Your perfect will, and help me to trust Your timing in every season.
I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.
—
Psalm 37:5
But it will always reflect His wisdom, His love, and His perfect timing.
It is the discovery that your life has always been safest in God's hands.
Thank You for inviting me to commit my way to You. You know the plans I have made, the concerns I carry, and the outcomes I hope for.
Help me to trust You more deeply. Teach me to release my need to control what only You can hold. Give me wisdom to do my part faithfully, while resting confidently in Your care. Guide my steps according to Your perfect will, and help me to trust Your timing in every season.
I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.
Comments
Post a Comment